A lot of children are motivated by Lego. Use this interest to develop skills in other areas.
- See the Lego challenge sheets for building ideas.
- Play a speaking and listening game. One person gives instructions and the other person builds. To make this more difficult do it so the pair can not see each other.
- Write instructions for building a creation.
- Write a persuasive letter to Lego to put Lego building in the National Curriculum.
- Write an advert / create a poster to advertise your Lego creation
- Create a 3D drawing of the Lego creation
- Use piles of bricks to represent multiplication tables; Use bricks to add and subtract; measure in bricks; weigh bricks to practice reading scales.