This week sees the celebrations of National Read a Book Day as well as International Literacy Day.
Reading has many benefits including:
- Improving vocabulary and writing skills.
- Increasing memory.
- Developing analytical thinking.
- Helping with focus and concentration.
- Increasing knowledge.
Reading is also hugely beneficial to wellbeing, reducing stress, aiding relaxation, helping sleep and even preventing cognitive decline.
Literacy is the ability to read, write, speak and listen in a way that lets us communicate effectively and make sense of the world.
Lets get involved and grow those brains! Choose something from the list below or make up your own activity.
- Share a story with someone for 10 minutes before going to bed each night.
- Create a bookmark (there are some templates below).
- Write a short story or poem and share it with your teacher (or me, I would love to see it).
- Visit a library.
- Do some research on the Author of your favourite book (what other books have they written?).
- Write a book review (there is a template below to give you some ideas of what to include).
- Make a list of some of the 'written things' you see on the way to school and tell me, what they are? (road sign, instruction, information), what they tell us?, why they are important?
Please let me know how you got involved and what you learnt? Email the office or come and find me (you might even get a sticker ).
Bye for now